Something that I never really thought of before was the impact that a senior member can have on the members of the rest of the community. For some reason, some people actually look up to us, and what we say can have an impact.

Recently, Alexzel made a post that I disagreed with. I used absoutely no tact in my reply to that post and didn't even think about how rude I was being. Normally, I don't even look at who makes a post, I just read it, and write my reply. Well, this time, it actually woke me up.

You see, I have known Alexzel for a long time. I used to talk to her on IRC a lot, and even on the phone a few different times. Well, because I wasn't thinking, I really hurt her. If that wasn't bad enough, people repeated parts of my post in their replies also. She came out of it looking like some newbie from HDC, when she is actually a valuable member to this community. Once I realized what I had done, I felt like ****, but I also knew it was to late.

I just want all the senior memebers to actually think about what they are writing before they write it. Flames are all fun and games sometimes, but you also have to realize that you are having an impact on people. Believe it or not, there are people out there that are actually looking up to you.

Alexzel> I now that this doesn't make up for hurting you, but I really am sorry. Hopefully, some day you will be able to forgive me, and until then, I want you to know that you really did mean a lot to me.