Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musical Hard Drives (HDD problem)

The Iceman Cometh
    Yes, most cases do come with power supplies, but some do not. When I build a computer, either for myself or for someone else, I look at the demands of the computer and decide whether to buy a case with a power supply or without. The problem with many cases with power supplies is that they're usually 300 or 350 Watts, and sometimes, I need more. For my first server, for example, I bought a case which would hold two power supplies and purchased two 450 W power supplies so that I knew I wouldn't have any problems with adding as many SCSI hard drives as I needed. One other computer I have which I built has only a 300 W power supply and I can't add any more hard drives (it already has two hard drives, a CD-RW, DVD-ROM, internal Zip, floppy, 5 PCI cards, 1 AGP card and 1 ISA card) without blue screening constantly. If you figure out what you want, do a rough estimate of the power consumption that it'll take, and add at least 50-100 Watts to that to be safe.

AJ

Hi ele5125,

Did you tried what i explained in my previous post.???
    ragmyn

At the heart of the Internet culture is the force that want to know everything about you.