Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBS teaching kids about hackers

PBS teaching kids about hackers

I was recently flipping through the channels on TV, and i saw a show called "Cyberchase," after watching it for 15 minutes I was aappalled and angry. On further research i discovered the following site, here is a breif quote from that site

Hacker:
    A *Pompous* and *Power-Hunrgy* scoundrel - and dont under and circumstances, mess up his hair!
    http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/meet_hacker.html

I sent a e-mail of my feelings on the matter here http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/contact.html
    I hope you all do the same, and personally I don't think im *Pompous,* are you? heh

Yeh, there was a post about this a while back that I made, as well as someone else. They're not gonna do anything about it, emailing them or not... IMO, the whole "hacker/cracker" word-usage war is getting old. It's about how you think and act, now about how people look at you. Be yourself, and if in your eyes you are a "hacker," then so be it... not everyone sees the same picture.

Banned
    God thats lame. I'm sure most of you have seen the DigiMon comercal right? That crap was so covered in script-kiddie that the whole thing about DigiMon takeing over the .NET for thier leaders reminds me of how some of the automated tools are setup in real life.

Banned
    I totally agree with you, jehnx. In today's society, people are labeled too much by mere words.

What really matters...is the true intentions of a person's heart, and which path they choose to follow in life. I would just hope that people choose to follow the path that leads to morality, especially the children who are easily influeneced by the media.

Media! for me are just making business! just to grasp the eye of the people. Children are the target of Media broadcasters
    because children spend to much time on TV. No one can stop it, but it can only be menimize.
    Everyone should follow their own conscience, you are the captain of your own ship.

respect the rights of children

I think my next statement says it all ! [b]PBS also runs telletubbies so yanno credibility is an issue
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Had to re-read stuff I thought this was about the typical American Poltical scene after all never a hair out of place on them. Like the Teletubbie thing NetSyn got one also called a Buda Belly, AKA age. Oh wait gotta go see the latest FUND RAISER for PBS NOT
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

When the opinions of children are controlled by the media, it becomes very difficult for us, the comman man or woman, to make a great deal of difference in their lives. Especially when the information being sent to the children is flawed. But when you think about it, what really can we do?
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

Old Fart
    Keep our kids from watching 'skewed' television programs, that's what we can do...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I wish I could agree with you allenb1963, but the more I think about it, the less I think that would be enough. When I can watch the news, and then go online and find the same story told in a completely different manner, it makes me wonder if they've even tainted that portion of tv to be directed towards their own biased ideas. Maybe a better idea would be to just prevent them from watching the tv at all until a certain age, but then we deny them a great learning tool. I'm baffled as to what to do myself. The people in power just seem so corupted.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness