I seen alotta guys post things about VB programs lately but instead im posting how to 'LIGHTLY' protect these programs from kids who like playing on your PC and opening applications then playing with them and other snoopy peaple. PS feel free to post ways to improve this or let me know about any errors so that I may improve my lack of attention.

Ok I bought VB5 for dummy. Hey it was a compulsive buy! Anyways in the book they teach you how to make simple text password boxes but what they don't teach is how to actually attach this to a program. You have to go checkout the free source inside the that is packaged in the back of the book but I think my way is shorter than their's.

Ok to make it your going to need a Textbox called PSWbox and a button called OK then go to the properties of PSWbox and click PasswordChar and hit a button like ? or * so that when you type the password in no1 can read it unless they have some type of keylogger. Oh and your going to need another form for the Password promt to load up.

Source code is:

Private Sub PSWbox_change()
End sub

Private sub OK_click()
If PSWbox.text = "your password goes here" then
load.form2
Else MsgBox "tell user that the password is wrong"
End Sub

P.S. my printer is messed up so I had to do this by memory so let me know about any errors here.