Thread: White hat hate crimes...

Old Fart

White hat hate crimes...

An interesting report on a group that calls itself 'el8', devoted to ruining the efforts of white hats everywhere. Evidently these guys are pissed off that not everyone shares their sense of moral and technological irresponsibility and intend to take all the white hats out. A good read, check it out...

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,54400,00.html

on a side note for JP or anyone else, el8 could be a derivitive of 'Ale8', a very popular high caffine soft drink manufactered and bottled in central Ky. they have a distribution area of approx. a 150 mile radius around Winchester (just east of Lexington) Ky. Food for thought and probably a shot in the dark, but I wanted to share all the same. Information is power.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

yes, it was a good read.. thanks.

on a side note, would you send me 10 cases of that Ale8 stuff ?

Hmm, they don't seem to realize that by sitting on their info and not sharing or collaborating (sp?) that they doom the security trade in a sense. Hopefully this is a short lived publicity attempt instead of a real dedicated attack on white hats.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by Syini666
    Hmm, they don't seem to realize that by sitting on their info and not sharing or collaborating (sp?) that they doom the security trade in a sense. Hopefully this is a short lived publicity attempt instead of a real dedicated attack on white hats.
    That's their point...they want to kill the security industry. They know EXACTLY what they are doing.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Banned
    yep, if they take out security then black hats have free rain on all computers prety much, slick if it would ever work..... alas, the law is on our side so there doomed

[add] JP, if you ever find yourself on the wrong end of this group i think that wed all love to hear about it. i know about the sites anti-hacking logs but they can be so borring to look over when its not my security[/add]

im still following the links...thanks, most interesting

oh and make that 20 cases
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”