Password protect folders

Thread: Password protect folders

Password protect folders

Can someone suggest a program that i can use to either hide or password protect a folder.

I've looked on download.com and tucows but i'm always a bit wary due to spyware and useless programs.

What OS are you using? Many have built in ways to protect folders
    In *nix its as easy as setting permissions!
    In XP with NTFS format, you can mark a folder as private in the properties menu of the folder.

If this helps then np, but if not, it would be helpful to know what OS you are using
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

I'm using XP. I looked at the private thing but i have to set a password.
    I don't currently have one set, so if i set one now, will i have to enter it everytime i switch on my computer? Because i dont want to have to do that.

What that means is that anyone could walk up to your computer, they could log on as you.
    The privacy only restricts which users on your computer can access your files (namely, only you)

I guess what im trying to say is yes, you will need to have a password on your account to stop people from looking at your stuff. (typing a password each time you use the computer is not really a hardship anyway)

Im sure there are programs out there that could password protect your files, but then you'd have to type it in everytime you accessed them, which is a whole lot more often that just when sitting down to your comp. I dont know of any, but im sure someone else could supply some options.
    Hope this helped
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist