Group campaigns against open source

Thread: Group campaigns against open source

Group campaigns against open source

Well M$ and the boyz are back to their attack on Open Source. I still fail to see with M$ owning 90% of desktops how them applying such pressure gives more choice? Anyway read it here http://news.com.com/2100-1001-949635.html?tag=fd_top
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

What B$!

The "Initiative for Software Choice" slamming open source in favor of proprietary software. Talk about hijacking the key terms of the opposing movement.... A more appropriate name for their group would be "Initative for Software Monopoly"!

Thanks for the post, Palemoon.

Well it appears that on one hand the Marketing people at M$ put a spin and release a service pack to address their being guilty of anti-trust laws yet turn right back around and apply pac money to put them right back in control. Thing is the judgement is not made yet maybe the Judge is not so dumb and see what they are up to. Again my point being Corporate Racketeering at M$ best.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

gates claims in that article that open source software cant be commercialized, um last time i went to best buy i saw various flavours of linux for SALE which means someone is using and open source solution in a commercial way so i think gates needs to go get his degree in law he has the "make an obvious lie" part down
    what is love but contempt for hate?

Yeah I think this is more MS bull, too. Linux is a commercial product, like indolent said, I bought Mandrake for 70.00. . .MS is scared b/c the open source community isn't going to try to make there money off the product, but more of the support.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.