Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notepad all files instead of .txt?

Hey avdven I made my own notepad to solve this little problem I'm having. I made the open and save dialog boxes automatically go to all files.

Here is the link to the thread
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=233588
    Good Grief

Hey avdven I made my own notepad to solve this little problem I'm having. I made the open and save dialog boxes automatically go to all files.
    hi, i understand that you now have your own notepad and think that thread is closed. but the good ol' command line actually could be your friend...

to open a file: type notepad "mydata.dat" in the command prompt (WITH double quotes).

to save a file: type "mydata.dat" in the save as dialog box (WITH double quotes).

<jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Thanks for taking the time to do this. That was an annoyance for me while editing files. And, I have to agree with what was said before, just change the name. I don't know too much about copyright etc but that is the only thing that I can really think would annoy MS.

Thanks again.