Hot to make a IRC server

Thread: Hot to make a IRC server

Hot to make a IRC server

Hi, i've been in the IRC a couple of while now and im wondering hot to create a IRC server the can be 24/7 not downloading a program and just telling the people to write /server and your IP

Nah.. i dont want a server like that I want it to be conected 24/7

Can somebody tell me how to do it and what do I need to do to create it and how does it works and how will it cost.

Thank your

[glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Well in order for them not to write your IP you need a static IP so it will stay the same and assign a Domain to it with DNS... next you will need to download Unreal IRC (its the same IRC server that AntiOnline Uses and myself as well)... i dont know if they make it for win but they make it for Linux, and just download it, compile it, then create a .network file and edit the ircd.conf file and your pretty much set, its not too hard once you got the hang of it

good luck...

Another way is to go to where you can get free Domain names and there is a program that will update your ip to the dns address, it works for win and linux.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.