Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (M)uSiC foru(M)s!!~ ideas plz

(M)uSiC foru(M)s!!~ ideas plz

I think we should have some sort of electronic music ( Or misc music ) forum under general chit-chat heading. I personally would enjoy something like DnB or Jungle forums. Some Hardcore or IDM forums would be nice too. Just a thought. JuNgLists and DnB Hedz PM me hehe...
    .::nataS is WaTchiNg::.

I don't know about anyone else, I think having a music forum is a good idea, but musical tastes would be too varied to really contain it within one forum. And to have separate forums for each category of music would probably be overkill.

IMHO, it's an idea, but i there's too many problems with it. there might not be enough traffic for it to be worth it. and there are plenty of subjects that are more seperate-forum worthy. my point is that once we start adding more forums, we may never stop.. there's just too many.

just my 0.02$

nothing personal, of course.

This isn't a music site... if it's off-topic when it comes to security/tech stuff, go to General Chit-Chat. AO isn't meant to be a one-stop-shop that you spend your entire life at, never going somewhere else. DNB/Junglr music forums you want? Go to http://pub23.ezboard.com/fckmessageboards85668frm11

LoL, yeah, go to music forums like that. Although, ezboard kinda sux. Ahh, just post music stuff in the general chitchat forum.

Originally posted by: Jehnx
    AO isn't meant to be a one-stop-shop that you spend your entire life at, never going somewhere else
    It's not? ...God damn...what have I been doing for the past half-year...Jesus Christ.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

This isn't a music site... if it's off-topic when it comes to security/tech stuff, go to General Chit-Chat. AO isn't meant to be a one-stop-shop that you spend your entire life at
    Of course it is! Agggh. Jehnx help me! I am an addicted mess that uses this site as a one stop shop for everything. I use it for everything...

It sucks being addicted. As for the music forums, naw. We will leave that in IRC or chit chat

Originally posted here by jehnx
    This isn't a music site... if it's off-topic when it comes to security/tech stuff, go to General Chit-Chat. AO isn't meant to be a one-stop-shop that you spend your entire life at, never going somewhere else.
    I have to agree w/ Jehnx. I do not see how a Music Forum would even fit into AO. This is supposed to be a security site, and almost all topics are allowed in general chit chat, but I don't really see a music forum fitting in. Just My Opinion....

Originally posted here by [WebCarnage]
    It's not? ...God damn...what have I been doing for the past half-year...Jesus Christ.
    I do believe AO is used as a one stop shop for most, and that is the great thing about "General Chit Chat". I just don't think changes to make it more of a one stop shop is needed. General Chit Chat is efficient enough IMHO...

I think it's a little too off-center of the focus of the site. Nice idea, but I vote no.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Heh, same. Vote, no.