View Poll Results: Would you use OS X for the x86

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 44.83%
  • No

4 13.79%
  • Why would I wan\'t to pay for a *nix based OS when I can get one for free?

9 31.03%
  • Windows 3.1 forever!

3 10.34%

Thread: Computer Identity Authentication and Verification Middleware

Thumbs up Computer Identity Authentication and Verification Middleware

Lock-Out is a middleware desktop/laptop security application constructed to engage a Java-powered i-button hardware security token manufactured by Dallas Semiconductor/Maxim.

Over 80% of all company thefts are from internal employees according to FBI reports. The greatest challenge in security is verifying that a person is who they say they are over a network. A trusted technology that will authenticate and verify, approve or deny user access to the network is a necessity in today's business markets. Lock-out is the only non-hackable hardware/software combination that can be verified by an approved government Cryptographic hardware token. Some other applications Lock-Out is teamed with are Biometrics, digital signatures for e-commerce, control access to buildings, and many others.

Lock-Out Basic Edition:

Lock-out Basic Edition is the front-line defense desktop portal that guards against physical hacker attempts who wish to gain entry to your computer system. It restricts unwanted access to your computer by physically disabling all keyboard controls and place a Lock-out screensaver LOGO on the desktop computer monitor. This happens within seconds after physically removing the your i-Button hardware token from the computer system. This design provides a secure function that disables the monitor and allows your applications to run behind the blacked-out monitor in background mode. All system processes are still running as normal behind the Lock-Out Basic Edition security system. The computer system remains locked down even if a perpetrator tries to reboot the computer in an attempt to by-pass Lock-Out and reach the MicroSoft Safe Mode option.

Lock-Out 2000 Middleware:

Lock-Out 2000 edition is the ultimate identity theft deterrent system. It delivers multiple IT services in a single hardware Java-powered i-Button that can sign and encrypt e-mails with PKI digital signatures on nonPKI with the use of Biometric features. This now becomes a three factor authentication device. It acts very similar to your bank ATM card machine. The human must remember a "PIN" number that initiates a secure two factor authentication process, which authenticates the user onto Windows 2000/NT 4.0/ XP workstation or data farm servers. It also enables secret files to be transferred onto the i-Button through the Lock-Out i-Button File System. It is the ultimate in ensuring company security. Critical documentation can be kept behind a Government security firewall running inside the Java powered i-Button.

Lock-Out 2000 Biometrics:

Lock-Out 2000 Biometrics Edition is a Biometrics middleware application within a security middleware application. The Best Security has taken the core of Biometrics Comsortium's Open Standards API middleware application and combined it with the core of the Lock-Out 2000 middleware security application. We would like for everyone to view this entire technology process as "Inside the Fort Security Protection". Lock-Out Biometrics can be customized for any company and is flexible enough to engage and enforce any security policy. The core module of Lock-Out 2000 Biometrics was designed to provide (three-factor) authentication access to the (physical and logical) security, thereby securing the assets of the enterprise by restricting entry from unauthorized internal individuals and minimizing the risk of financial loss. This product is completely about "Verification" of the person, NOT "Identification" of the person.

Lock-Out Active X:

The Best Security offers Lock-Out Conditional Access. This product is a low-cost remote authentication server (VPN) that restricts access rights to sensitive web content and other types of online documentation. This Lock-Out product works in conjunction with authenticating a user to either a Windows 2000/XP/NT 4.0 network. Our Common User desktop security portal interface is controlled by its human Biometric credential running inside the Java powered i-Button.

Why i-Button rather than Smart Cards?

The Dallas Semiconductor/Maxim i-Button is the hardware token of choice rather than smart cards for several reason. First it has 200K of memory space. A smart card will only have around 32K. Second, a smart card is not durable since it is made of plastic. An i-Button is a stainless steel canister and can't be tampered with. If anyone attempts to open the i-Button, the information stored on the chip will automatically be erased. The i-Button provides the most powerful solution backed by the National Institute of Standard (NIST) FIPS-140-1 Government Certification.

To learn more about Lock-Out Middleware, please visit our website at:

http://www.lock-out.net

Or Contact:

Chris Burtz
    The Best Security, Inc.
    5757 Alpha Road, Suite 107
    Dallas, TX 75025
    214-580-2026

Uh...? This is an add not a review. Please don't SPAM us. It is not nice nor appreciated..............
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

/me shakes P2P's hand in beating him to the punch