Thread: Unknown...

Banned

Unknown...

I need some help identifying an onboard PCI bridge, I have 3 boards in my computer right now.... 1 NIC and a video card, the NIC is install properly as is the video card, yet when I go to the add new hardware screen I see a choise with a question mark on it saying Unknown PCI Bridge Device..... Here the entry from my system information.... Other PCI Bridge Device PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7443&SUBSYS_74431022&REV_03\3&13C0B0C5&0&3B 28

I tried to look on the MSI website but they have barely any tech support, I was wondering if anyone from AO would help out (The mobo is a k7d Master AMD 760 chipset) the only pci card I have is the NIC the video is AGP

the only thing i can think of is check your comm config and I/O addresses, i had something similar to that happen to me when i installed cards on the same I/O, keep me updated :-*

The Iceman Cometh
    Have you tried getting updated drivers for the motherboard from the manufacturer? Also, try to flash the BIOS with a newer version.

Do all of your components show up properly (hard drive(s), CD-ROM(s), NIC, etc.)? If so, it's most likely something on the motherboard. One of the machines I built recently, for instance, had on board sound, NIC and modem. I thought I had disabled them all (the client had specific components she wanted), but I had forgotten to disable the modem, and it appeared as an unknown device until I disabled it. It's possible you have an on-board component which requires drivers. The motherboard's web site should have all of the drivers available for download for your operating system which may resolve the problem.

AJ

Oh yeah, which OS are you running?

Banned
    Im running Windows 2000 Pro, Everything shows up correctly And I think it is something on the mobo, Ill check for drivers

The Iceman Cometh
    Do you have an AMD processor? If so, it's most likely the AMD CPU to PCI Bridge... Drivers should resolve that.

AJ

Edit: Don't ask me how I figured it out... lol I'm pretty sure that's the problem, though. Either a BIOS update or updated drivers for your motherboard should do it.

I had the same problem with an Epox mobo. I requested via email that they send a new driver disk....I installed it and had no problems.
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

Banned
    Searched MSI website and installed the driver disc... NOthing yet =/

Try a BIOS update. This problem has occured to me and It worked out once I got it.

yeah i have a newer epox MB, and my old one had that same error, AND i was running win2k pro, so that probly would work

Hi

Along with the hardware kit, you will be provided with relavent drivers. Locate the "Chipset Setup" in the diskette. It locates the devices on the motherboard and installs as needed. Moreover, you'll find a folder in \Program Files\Chipset. This Chipset Setup is able to install drivers for ISA-PCI Bridge, PCI-PCI Bridge etc.,

Once I had a problem with HP Brio 410 BA system.

Also, check the AMD website for drivers (you might know this) for drivers of different OS.
    ragmyn

At the heart of the Internet culture is the force that want to know everything about you.