Thread: Disable Error reporting in Windows XP

Disable Error reporting in Windows XP

Don't you find it annoying that whenever a program crashes in WinXP it would always prompt you to ask each time whether you would like to send an error report to Microsoft.

Well,here's a way to disable that error reporting feature:

1. Click on Start, then go to---->My Computer----.Right click,then choose Properties from the Menu Box.

2. Then click on the Advanced Tab, then from the Advanced Tab---> go all the way down, and click on the Error reporting button; just right beside the Environment variables button.

3. This will take you to the Error Reporting Window, now just pick the option, Disable error reporting, but leave "But notify me when critical errors occur" checked.

4. Click OK, then click OK again to activate.

Happy computing.
    -Vin
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.-Reaper Man

thanks for this info, Ive been trying to find a way to disable that feature. I also thought abouty flooding ms with the reports of every little thing that went it would flag, sorta a..you programed it that way so here you go. Anyways, thanks.
    See dick... see dick hack yahoo...see dick go to jail... dont be a dick.

thanks a few of my friends have been woundering about howto do that... heh, why would someone uncheck the box for "But notify me when critical errors occur" ? thatb be a little strange.

Im glad to be of help.
    By the way, I accidentally click on "Contact user about this antipoint assignment", regarding this point. Please disregard.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.-Reaper Man