FIPS and NTFS

Thread: FIPS and NTFS

Question FIPS and NTFS

Does anyone know of a way to get the brilliant (and free!) partitioning tool FIPS to work on an NTFS hardrive running XP? FIPS will show the current partition but won't let me create any others. It just gives an error "press any key" option and then gives the very annoying message- bye! I'd hate to have to hand over money for something like Partition Magic....

Perhaps someone could suggest a free alternative partitioning tool that works with NTFS? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated......

Re: FIPS and NTFS

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    Does anyone know of a way to get the brilliant (and free!) partitioning tool FIPS to work on an NTFS hardrive running XP? FIPS will show the current partition but won't let me create any others. It just gives an error "press any key" option and then gives the very annoying message- bye! I'd hate to have to hand over money for something like Partition Magic....

Perhaps someone could suggest a free alternative partitioning tool that works with NTFS? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated......
    Hi,
    Whatever you do, don't use FIPS on an NTFS partition. I don't know of any free tools that will handle NTFS. I use Partition Manager. It was about $20.00 (US) cheaper than Partition Magic, and it seems to do the job ok. If you can't find a free tool, consider it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Re: Re: FIPS and NTFS

Originally posted here by preacherman481

Hi,
    Whatever you do, don't use FIPS on an NTFS partition.

LOL.....You know, you're not the first person to tell me that! I've also heard that LILO wont work with an NTFS partition either....but still......I had to try!

I suppose I could always re-format, re-install (FAT 32 of course ) and go from there.....Thanks for your help....

I dont really know of any free tools that will hande NTFS... but i suggest Partion Magic

Re: Re: Re: FIPS and NTFS

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll

LOL.....You know, you're not the first person to tell me that! I've also heard that LILO wont work with an NTFS partition either....but still......I had to try!

I suppose I could always re-format, re-install (FAT 32 of course ) and go from there.....Thanks for your help....
    Hey again, CK,

Actually Lilo works just fine with NTFS. My current setup is a Windows XP and Slackware 8.1 dual boot (that's why I took the red hat logo off my signature, lol.), and Lilo is working just fine (loading it's little heart out).
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)