Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Super Sleuths -- Hoax or ... not ??

Question AO Super Sleuths -- Hoax or ... not ??

Recently I posted a new thread in Tech Humor. It seems that some people have a dim view on humor so I am posting this to see how many people are "good enough" to disprove the authenticity of the picture I attached....

The thread I posted was only picked apart by a couple of " " people, they know who they are , overall it turned out extremely positive, so this is not a rant, just making a statement to support my views.

AND YOU THINK YOUR HAVING A BAD DAY AT WORK !!

Although this looks like a picture taken from a Hollywood movie, it is in fact a real photo, taken near the South African coast during a military exercise by the British Navy.

It has been nominated by Geo as "THE photo of the year".
    This was included with the picture...
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Holy %#@! That's a crazy picture! I really have no idea if its real or not, but still wild picture.

Kwiep
    I don't get it entirely. Is this a real picture?
    That shark had to be very very hungry then.
    Double Dutch

ok. i think i found your answer. here is your picture: it is the only place i could find it.
    http://www.stressbuster1.com/pics/shark.html
    this photo is a fake & i only say this because the one underneath it is: http://www.stressbuster1.com/pics/titanic.html
    however, in the process i discovered a disturbing conspiracy involving sharks. lol
    http://www.angelfire.com/wa/militia/sharks.html

as a graphic artist, i bet i could create a picture just like this one. photoshop can do some really amazing things, like put a shark in the wrong place or stick leonardo di caprio on the bow of the real titanic. i gave one of my friends vamipre teeth and a prehensile tail, but it didnt happen in real life. i looked up your picture first, found it at this stressbuster place, with a collection of fake pictures. geo had no knowledge of the picture whatsoever and they do not have a picture of the year that they can nominate this for. i think anyone would be hard pressed to show that this picture is NOT fake. all you really need to do is get a picture of a leaping great white, and yes, they CAN leap out of the water so i suppose this would be possible. cut around the shark carefully (essentailly creating a mask) with your vector tool. afterwards, you can select the space around, invert selection to select the shark and paste on a new picture in a new layer.so we have our helicoptor picture on the background and the shark picture in the foreground. with blends, smudge, well there are a lot of good tools to use, you can splash the water up around the shark (or maybe you masked some with the shark as you removed it from the first picture) and viola! you have your new picture. i think the first thing that tipped me off about this was the bridge. a south african coast (maybe the same one they found the selecant at) would not need a bridge. there is no land mass below it. and there is no reason to have a bridge of that caliber. from the maps that i have looked at, there is no area with a land mass in that position compared to the bridge. sharks attack for pretty much the same reason: food. there would be no reason the shark would jump up towards the helicoptor as it is not accustomed to eating fod out of the water. and i'm still not convinced that is the british navy.

therefor final statement would be: this picture is a sham. i hope this helps.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

yah, it's a hoax.

FWIW the only place in the world that I know of Great White sharks jumping out of the water like that is off the coast of Africa. I'll see if I can dig up the link about that "strange" behavior.

XR1stang

yeah! i was right! w00t

btw, there are some interesting photos in that website that rcgreen offered, follow through.
    the portrait of lincol surprised me. imagine just pasting somene's head onto a another body and it becoming REALLY famous, hanging on the walls of the whitehouse!

and finally i get to shove that big cat photo in someones face and say HA it was a hoax.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Just my opinion, but first off when a shark attacks it makes several trips around, first it bumps it prey, then it attacks. Also, if the shark were really attacking and for some reason did skip the bump when a shark attacks the jaws dislocate and give it an additional foot or two of reach, which this shark is not doing. I didn't do any research for this thread these are just things off the top of my head for why this is a hoax. If someone were really interested they may want to check out shark sense as well. I don't remember exactly, but I do believe that a sharks eye sight is not the best - hence the reason their smell is so refined. So the shark would not leave the water in most cases. Sharks may be aggressive in nature, but for the shark/human population ratio or shared environment sharks do not attack that often. Sharks attack certain this as well. There is nothing that would make the shark leave the water - VERY loud noice and the water pattern does not compare to prey of a shark and the fact that the water patterns are so large what why would a shark attack something that was so much larger than itself?

If you are sending this a humor, yes it is funny to look at. If you wanted it analyzed look above. I know that if that was me on the ladder I could not wait to get home and clean my self and my clothes.

Re: AO Super Sleuths -- Hoax or ... not ??

Huh,That s not a shark..............It s a well fed flying fish lol
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Hoax
    The great white shark would be looking the other way if it was attacking
    They have to turn on there backs to attack something above them
    That bridge is not in South Africa
    Regards
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....