Thread: Easy VB Question

Post Easy VB Question

The only programmin i have done is Q Basic in my sophmore year. I am now a junoir in high school and i am goin to take Java 2nd semester. But now i want to learn VB. I instulled a program called Learn VB. Now my question is What do i use to type up VB? I Have heard some programs just use notepad. And Q Basic had its own lil program in it. Please help me out. Just tryin to get started.

I think it has a thing in it that allows you to write...... try going under view on the top , then under code... thats where i do all the writing
    lol
    sorry if i cant help you... but then again maybe i did?
    [pong][gloworange]Tool Rules[/gloworange][/pong]

In VB like in QB all the code needs to be entered in the (Q/V) basic app (editor) itself. All testing compiling and linking are done from there. Your informed of errors in syntax as you make them and there's an auto-complete feature to help you along. Most of the QB code still works in VB but you can do allot more with the VB code.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah, you can write VB in notepad, like most languages.
    You can write QBasic programs in Notepad. QBasic comes with it's own "edit.com"-like environment, but the source is still ASCII.

to add to what jethro said, you can also write your code on someones butte, have them sit on a scanner with OCR, copy and paste the test that results into the IDE which is where it has to be to do anything with.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Sorry Im late being that I am AO's VB Wizard! . Anyways, of course you can use notepad, however I suggest VisualBasic Control Creation. It is a great tool and helps beggineer's in VisualBaisc code their programs. Search information on VisualBasic Control Creation on google.com and learn about it. It has helped me thus far and is great! Hope I helped ya out!

Thumbs up

Visual Basic has it's own developer environment that allows for coding, debugging, and compiling of programs. If you have a newer Microsoft Office package you can also use a less comprehensive version of VB called VBA(I beleive it is under the tools menu). I also know Microsoft was giving away free 60-day evals of the . Net framework on dvd, may want to check the web site. Hope this helps

Thanks

Thanks guys for all the helpful infomation on VB and where i can type it up at.