Thread: Duni.B

Banned

Duni.B

any one know what Duni.B does? hotmail says its a worm but a link or spacifics would be great. (PS if you collect viruses like i do youll like to know that hotmail alows you to forward viruses, just not download them directly from hotmail)

Banned
    Well, according to the Trend Micro Virus Encyclopedia:

Aliases:
    UNIDAD.A, W32/Duni.worm.b, I-Worm.Kitro.c, Win32/Kitro.C@mm, W32/Duni-A, Win32.Kitro.B worm

Description:
    This destructive, mass-mailing worm arrives as an email attachment, with the file extension, .CPL, which is associated with Control Panel applications. It deletes certain files used by antivirus programs.
    Further detail can be found at: http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...e=WORM_DANDI.A

Hope this helps.

Banned
    I've been patching up my AV lately. I would never open emails with .VBS .BAT or .EXE and I have always avoided e-mails that promt you to checkout a URL links becuase not only could this open bad code but companies also sometimes use faulty URL to send you more spam but as for collecting viruses, I wouldn't do that. If you want to collect them your better off getting the source code of them then printing it or saveing the source code as a textfile.

it runs though a CPL format (delphi control panel) if im not mistaken, as its said it attacks the hotmail address book, and spreads though kazza, under varous .cpl names.
    Ive been told in Irc the original hotmail worm, was done to gain someone entry into a hacking group.
    I recently dis-seccted the worm, and at first found out that its picked up with norton AV as Kirto.c (as gurl pointed out)

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html