Redmond Linux personal, Problem.

Thread: Redmond Linux personal, Problem.

Question Redmond Linux personal, Problem.

Hi all I'm new here but could someone help me out with Redmond Linux Personal I think itís now called Lycoris.

The problem is for example when I click on select the open command from any application like the text editor or word processor to open a text file a new windows appears with a picture of a bomb in the KDE logo telling me the program has crashed and must close.

So what can I do? Can I download a newer ISO distribution or repair the existing one? But I have already tried re-installing it again but the same problem happens again.

Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated

Thanks
    Jargon101
    Jargon101
    \"Itís chaos, but itís chaos that works\"

Sounds like buggy code from the existing installation. If you can find exactly what is causing the crash, then you can modify and rebuild the package causing the trouble, but otherwise upgrading the distro/ packages you are using would be a good way to go as it is less likely to cause you issues.

Regards and good luck.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Talking

Thanks for the help I have located a ISO distribution of an up-dated version I now have started a 14 hour download.

Thanks
    Jargon101
    Jargon101
    \"Itís chaos, but itís chaos that works\"