Death Convoy of Afghanistan

Thread: Death Convoy of Afghanistan

Death Convoy of Afghanistan

The Death Convoy of Afghanistan

One faction murdering another in mass, seems to be a way of life with these people, we should not have gotten these animals to do our dirty work for us. People said no more Americans should have to die. Now look here and be as disgusted as I am. If we can’t fight our own wars we shouldn’t have them.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/795153.asp?cp1=1
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    We should pull out before we learn what the russians learned...forget the potencial "power vacuum" and let the chips fall where they may.

Does the United States have any responsibility for the atrocities of its allies? A NEWSWEEK investigation

Of course they do. Will they be held accountable? Of course not....The word hypocrisy springs to mind.

Old Fart
    I regret the U.S. involvement in this situation, but let us bear in mind that the problem runs much deeper that the 'war on terror'. I'm not making an excuse here, just stating fact....this was happening long before the U.S. showed up on the scene. Afghanistan has been home to far too many atrocities for far too long (remember the Taliban?), not just since 9/11. We complain about the 'collateral damage' and blame the military because they relied too heavily on the natives to wage the war. But if we had sent a massive ground force in, we would now be complaining about the outrageous amount of American lives lost instead. Let's face it....in war there are no real winners, everyone loses in some shape or form.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

your right allenb1963, and thats what i was trying to say at the beginning of this thread, this behavior goes back along way with these people, but if we knew this, why wern't we watching them. I don't think we really want to be party to these actions and have this kind of stain on our nations soul. This is atrocity in its worst form. There should be honor in avenging our nations dead, there is no honor here.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I had just watched last night the British 4 Corners Television program showing this Story and the stories told by locals that U.S soldiers were in the vicinity(Locals words..There were up to 40 soldiers) and how The CIA interferred in the Local warlords offer of sanctuary of Afghan soldiers but the other soldiers would be handed over to the U.N...

How many other things were witnessed but not acted upon??

This doco also showed how stupid it was that only 2 C.I.A agents were in a compound with 400 captured soldiers...Interrogating them and telling them they are all going to DIE..
    Of course any person in the world would fight to his death..
    U.S. INVOLVEMENT...The close involvement of American soldiers with General Dostum can only make an investigation all the more sensitive. “The issue nobody wants to discuss is the involvement of U.S. forces,” says Jennifer Leaning, professor at the Harvard School of Public Health and one of the pair of Physicians for Human Rights investigators who pushed their way into Sheberghan. “U.S. forces were in the area at the time. What did the U.S. know, and when and —where—and what did they do about it?”

Quote from your quote info_au:

“U.S. forces were in the area at the time. What did the U.S. know, and when and —where—and what did they do about it?”

Does in the vacinity automatically mean making sure the doors were locked on the containers and no air vents were open?

Someone asking this question does not mean Americans were involved or had knowledge of what was going on. The afgan soldiers that the cia picked out went to cuba, suspected terrorists, they were not handed over to the northern allience and loaded onto their trucks. or so we're told. Being an american i don't believe american soldiers, who are people like the american members here on ao, some of whom are soldiers, would be involved in something like this. and you are very quick to want to believe they would be.

if you were working for a company, and money was stolen during working hours. well you were in the area, what did you do about it? Many other employees were around, why didn't anybody stop it. Maybe they were all busy doing their jobs?

Banned

What have we accomplished there?

I think an honest evaluation of the goals accomplished in the Afghan war would conclude that instead of putting a fire out..they have allowed the burning embers to be scattered worldwide. Who will it bring back? Have we stopped terrorism ?Have we captured Osama? And perhaps the deepest question is............can we by death stop death?