View Poll Results: Which Linux filesystem do you prefer?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ext2

0 0%
  • ext3

6 100.00%
  • ReiserFS

0 0%
  • XFS

0 0%
  • JFS

0 0%

Thread: wiki vulnerabilities & issues

wiki vulnerabilities & issues

I have been tasked with gathering info on wiki technology for my office. We are primarily a Windows shop yet I have the option of going with Red Hat if thats truly the better option for this.

Has anyone here set up a wiki server? On Win2k Advanced Server? If so what should I look out for?

Any known exploits other than standard windows etc?

Any specific recommends or prods to avoid?

Thanks for the input.

Have you tried searching google first?

google
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.-Reaper Man

but of course I googled first.

I was really hoping for a little more inside info than I found which was really just links to dl sites and installations of wiki's. Not a lot of info re: the security of wiki's. I assume they are vulnerable to the same things as the web server they are run on but was hoping for maybe some specifics from AOers that have a wiki running in their world.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What wiki server are you considering using? I believe there are a few different servers. From my understanding, most of the exploits for wiki are bassed on php problems. If you get the latest version of the server, you should be ok. The choice between REH and Win2K is prertty much up to you. It all depends on what you want to administer. I have never used it myself, so I can 't give you much instite...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

There are a bunch of OpenWiki and ASPWiki if ASP based.

OpenWiki is getting my nod so far as it works with msSQL.
    ASPWiki looks ok for a small workgroup or departmental Wiki using Access as its db.

I am sort of focused on ASP wiki's because of I work in a windows dev shop and all we have at present is MS servers in our production environment.

If I were to go with a *nix based wiki it might be PhikiWiki or PhpWIki . Although that would necessitate a mySQL installation as well.

Has anyone setup any of these? Or other wiki? Thanks everyone.