Thread: new pgp

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

new pgp

Well, pgp isn't dead yet....and its actually got a new version comming out....Thanks to PGP Corp.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,476357,00.asp
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

That's good to know. Some time ago Network Associates announced they wouldn't update pgp anymore. Guess they changed their mind... Phil Zimmerman is still hanging in there too.
    ---
    proactive

actually it looks like NAI finally sold pgp.. PGP corp, is actually claiming a release of pgp 8.0 for Q4 2002... so between now and xmas there will be a new version..

but they also have the current versions there and even have the corporate versions... and i didn't know that there was a pgp for pocket pc.. i'm all over that one... now i really can use that for my mobile password list for the offices i manage...

Phil Zimmerman whas very positive about PGP.
    I remember talking to him during www.hal2001.org
    But after 9/11 he started having doubts about PGP when it came out that terrorists had been using it to send encrypted mail.
    The new CTO is a good replacement since Jon Callas has worked for PGP in the past and is a classic Apple engineer.
    Check out his website www.merrymeet.com

Originally posted here by Leviatan
    Phil Zimmerman whas very positive about PGP.
    I remember talking to him during www.hal2001.org
    But after 9/11 he started having doubts about PGP when it came out that terrorists had been using it to send encrypted mail.
    The new CTO is a good replacement since Jon Callas has worked for PGP in the past and is a classic Apple engineer.
    Check out his website www.merrymeet.com
    Curious about this, as I have yet to see any confirmation that the terrorists were using PGP to set up the 9/11 attacks. My understanding is that they used low tech techniques - i.e. sending a person to talk with someone else, which is impossible to detect unless you suspect the meeting was taking place.