Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outlawing pets

outlawing pets

In the news from Thailand.

Public Health Minister Sudarat Keyuraphun said health officials had begun raids on shops and farms that distribute the insect, the Madagascar Giant Hissing Cockroach, which grows to 4 inches--three times longer than the native variety.
    http://abcnews.go.com/wire/BackPage/...20820_296.html

I want one of these!
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

those are big bugs

saying the popular pets could spread diseases.
    spread diseases? i would just be worried about them spreading in general.

i read someplace that people use them to bet much like **** fights. that could be interesting.

and lol! what does routing connections have to do with this? (similar thread?)

[edit] ok check this out. this guy sells them in texas. picture included...
    http://lonestar.texas.net/~rtremper/roach.html [/edit]
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

OH.......MY........GOD!!!!

And I thought we had roach problems in Florida...that's enough to send me screaming for the Raid can.

Can you imagine stumbling to the bathroom one night and stepping on one of those things?!!

/me shudders...and goes to get the Raid, just in case.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Lmfao.. Those things are neat! I think I can find atleast 25 purpose's for them too!

such a kidder this guy is:

HAVE A RESTAURANT THAT HAS DONE YOUS WRONG? JUST RELEASE A FEW OF THESE PUPPIES DISCREETLY UNDER THE TABLE DURING YOUR NEXT VISIT!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Those are the babies... ya wanna see the grownups, pop in the MIB disc, you'll see one climbing the tower towards the end of the show! Bwaaaahahahahaha

If you think stepping on one would be bad,on the T.V. show fear factor some lady was challenged to be put in a tub have various worms/snakes/hissing cockroaches dumped on her,and stay in there for three minutes.She only lasted about 45 seconds,so they told her she would be eliminated unless she ate one of the roaches(Keep in mind there was no salt,pepper,or hot sauce available and this thing was still alive.).Somehow she did it.(Poor cockroach)

I had neighbor in an apartment building I lived in that had two of these as pets, as long as they are properly contained(and yes they do have containers for such at pet stores) they won't spread and from what she told me woulddn't spread disease, at least thats what she told me and outside of the roaches she was a very clean person. None the less I have since left that particular building.
    what is love but contempt for hate?

if i cant smash it between my fingers, its too big i agree with debwalin, and i would probably have nightmares that they would crawl down my throat or something while im sleeping