Hi, I recently got a new keyboard and mouse. I have a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro, and I have a Microsoft wheel mouse optical.

I have not booted to linux since the instalation of my new keyboard and mouse. I have checked the web site for my linux distrobution (Caldera open linux) and I went to the hardware compatibility section but they had nothing listed for pointing devices or keyboards.

My questions are:

if my new mouse and/or keyboard is not suported by linux and I boot to linux, with my curent configuration could it damage my mouse or keyboard. I am not sure but i think a mouse has its own protocol and i prosume it has a frequency of transmition, so if my curent comfiguration was useing the wrong protocol or frequency could it posibly damage my mouse?

And if per chance my new hardware is not suported do you know of any way I can trick linux into suporting it. I know that with win modems there are some drivers made for linux you can download that enable some win modems to work.

If i know the verticle and horizontal syn rate of my monitor, but out of the choices I have available during instalation if they dont have my exact numbers so I use numbers below mine, could useing a slightly less friequency or sync rate damage or cause my monitor not to work?