Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAcker gets Hacked

Antionline Quitter..Srsly

HAcker gets Hacked

Hacking Group Gets Taste of Own Medicine
    Tuesday, August 20 2002 @ 01:37 PM CDT

Hax0rs Lab, an infamous Brazilian cracking group that has defaced thousands of
    web sites, was
    embarassed last Sunday when their home page was hit by an unknown hacker going
    by the
    handle CarderBr...

Read more:
    http://www.hideaway.net/home/public_...20820133720342

truly a funny predicament ...hehe just found it amusing u might too
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Banned
    Yes, if you are going to make it known that you have skills, and are going to attack other systems. I would hope you secure all your items, because your bound to get a backlash or someone out to prove they are better than you. I haven't read a good clan war article in a while.

Hehehe, typical.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Ha, it just goes to show that what you do to other people will more or less likely happen to you also.
    [pong][gloworange]Tool Rules[/gloworange][/pong]

damn they have defaced a lot of web pages. Seems like that would get boring after a while.

Oh i forgot to ask, on the list of defacements it has the OSs listed. I assume that is the OS of the server that was hacked.

Why are almsot all of them linux, i thought linux was supposed to be the one of the most secure OSs out there?
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

Shake

I don't think its a matter of linux being one of the most secure systems out there, any system is only as secure as the owner/system administrator makes it or keeps it.

A failure to keep on top of current exploits and software updates will invariably lead to the system being exposed to the batch current exploits, as it has been said many times, security is not a "set and forget" operation - it is an ongoing one.

Occassionaly the crackers get the "drop" and expose a hole in the "system" before it is discovered by either the developers or the guru's who constantly pour over the code, but luckily with Open Source software there are many people out there working feverishly to close it and release a timely patch to the masses.

Does anyone know anything about the group that defaced all the web pages.

I mean are the a highly skilled group or was it the same technique applied over and over?
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

well form wot they say some of them where pretty good others werent as for linux being hte most hacked that maybe cuz hte users are idiots or just becuz most servers are on linux and no matter wot any1 says there is yet to be a server out there that doesnt un services and if it runs a service well it is exploitable
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

First off, i'd like to say that it doesnt really matter if Hax0rs lab's web site was hacked. Second off, hax0r lab is made up by a bunch of black hats... so its no wonder why they'd get hacked - no white hats = no people who know how to secure a site. I believe JP once said in irc that it doesnt matter if you are a good black hat - becuause hacking a website is different from securing one.

very true it is different yet similar, when u secure one one of hte many tactics is to beta test it as a wargame box and try to hack into the site and check how open it could be