Thread: Nevada to Legalize marijuana?

Nevada to Legalize marijuana?

Read this article and found it highly interesting: http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,54415,00.html

Seems they have good support and about 50% of the voters on their side.... plus the local paper and law enforcement! I just might have to move ;D
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

It's about time. Just like prohibition, busting every pot smoker is wasting prison space, tax payer money and precious resources. Now maybe the taxes will generate revenue and jail space for real criminals.

People have to realize that even if a state legalizes marijuana for medicinal reasons or otherwise, it is still a federal crime.

Medicinal marijuana is legal in california, but people selling it to the sick have been arrested by federal agents. You can't be arrested by a cop, but you can by the fbi.

Pretty stupid if you ask me, but that's how it is.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Banned
    they need to legalize it everywhere. the government spends so much money fighting the drug war, and that money could be spent on much better causes.

If nevada is the first to legalize, I think that california will be right behind them (I hope). Ive always pondered... Where are the real criminals? when me and my friends get arrested or fined for possession. (Under 1 ounce is just a fine). Now the police will be able to focus on real criminals like rapists and murderers. Im glad to see the USA start to change their policies about mary jane.
    .::nataS is WaTchiNg::.

it's true that you can still be busted by the FBI, but for most of us, that wont matter. The FBI isn't going to take the time to arrest anyone in possession of under 3 oz's which is the amount that they are trying to make legal at the state level. Unless your pushing some pot, like pounds, then I think the feds will leave you be if you keep to yourself.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

The real probem it seems to me is how many of us that are in favor of legalising weed that dont vote, I include myself in this category because uually I dont vote much. When washington state had the medical marijuana law on the ballet I did make the effort and voted for it but, most of my friends who smoke werent even aware it was happening. Ignorance is no excuse we all have a say and we need to exorcise those rights.
    (rut roh I think I'm preachin here)
    For those of you curious, yes it did pass but there are no provisions whatsoever for supplying someone who needs it. And it is still illegal to grow or sell it.

I have a personal stake in this because my girlfriend has bone cancer and weed is the only thing that helps her after they get done pumping the harsh chemicals of chemo therapy into her and she is violently ill for days afterwards.

ok I''ll kick my soap box back under the bed before someone throws something rotten and evil smelling at me.

hehehe
    When I die Iwant to become pure energy and surf the internet forever.

This probably would be a really good idea to legalize it in the whole US even. My friend wrote a state assesment paper on legalizing marijauna, even though hes never smoked it or seen any. There are good points to it, such as it would really help out the economy especially during this slump. Besides anybody who wants to smoke it does, its not like its hard to get, so they would just be saving and gaining more money in this move. Sounds good to me.

I must say,that I support this bill(Unfortunately I can't vote on it because I don't live in Nevada.).I know and have known hundreds of people who are "recreational" smokers,and I have yet to hear of someone getting into a serious car accident because they smoked a joint before they left the house.I have yet to hear of somebody shooting someone else because they can't find a bag.Weed might make you a little lazier than normal,or laugh a little more than normal,but I can probably list a million things(legal,illegal,or otherwise)with worse side effects.There are also hundreds of millions of tax dollars thrown away every year to keep people in jail for misdemeanor possesion of marijuana/paraphanalia charges.Why???Pot-Heads are probably one of the least dangerous group of people on the face of the planet(Which ever one you might be from).Most of them would rather sit down,pass the pipe around,and eat a bag of chips,than fight anybody.I think the good only thing that keeping pot illegal would do is prevent a few traffic accidents.(You know that guy that's stoned out of his mind,passed a cop 15 minutes ago,and still thinks he's being followed because of his blown tail light,even though it's broad daylight and the cop was going the opposite direction.)Well I think I'm starting to sound like one of Dennis Millers rants so I'll shut up now.