Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline sellout?

Question AntiOnline sellout?

Thing changes, and nothing remains as it is.

I was just browsing on AntiOnline forums, and then this wierd-idea came flashing across my mind.

What if AntiOnline is purchased by another security community? Other than those old buddies, we used to know. A company, with the main aim of advertising!

Noticing the fact that AO, is one of the leading security web pages available online; it goes out and offers exorbitant amount of money.

It is true. That could happen. A good example for one, is Geocites. Net companies are now getting into business, money business! That’s why allot of free-web-services were flipped to money-based-services.

Could that happen to AO? And what the impact would that have on us?

Just think about that? Wouldn't that be terrible? ..
    \" ZxC 4 life! \"

Hope Not

I hope that never happens, AntiOnline is a great place for learning about new things, and getting help when you need it (except for hotmail ). But if for some reason AO does get purchased by another company, I think JP would know what to do to make sure it keeps its same reputation.

i really dont think JP would sell antionline
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    yeah.... JP is making good money the way it is now, and he loves and has dedicated too much to this site to sell it, i dont see that happening.

if anything along those lines would happen it would probably be more of a partnership type thing.

considering how many people in the underground already hate JP i doubt hed want to be known as a sell out too... I dont see it happening, but hey money talks and people get tired of the same old **** so if u want my opinion quit bitching bout anti points before jp sells out! lol just messing guys
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Thumbs up Go JP

All I can say is that I have certainly enjoyed my time at this site. Learned a lot and am still learning.

If JP does sell out I hope he makes a bundle of cash on it. He has obviously put a lot of effort here for us and I would say "Gratz". Then I would look to see if the site changed for the worst, if it did I would blame the company buying out JP not JP himself. Finally I would search for another site like it. Who knows, with all the spare money JP got maybe he would have tons more free time to set up a new Free Security Web site.

One thing is for certain, my tutorial was printed free for a free site. To offer back something to this site which has given me so much. If the site is sold compensation for the implied copyright of all of the tutorials had better be part of the deal. As long as the site offers my tutorial for free without seeking to make a profit from it I am happy. They start charging for rights to it, I start getting paid. And so should all of the other tutorial writers on this site.

But, as for JP, someone offers you big bucks for your site, I say take it and enjoy. You've done us proud and no one deserves it more.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Dome, i must be missing something, but how is JP making money with this sight. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but outside of advertising his abilities where’s the profit come in?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Sell AO?

I have to agree with the previous posting (Tedob1)...How does JP make the money to pay the bills and keep AO operating? No popup ads, no streaming ads, no ads of any type as far as I can tell. Wonder what would happen if someone sponsored the site...something along the lines of "AntiOnline.com....sponsored by Yahoo." Or insert your favorite corporate sponsor.

Is it more important to review the content or to discover the company sponsoring the site? If someone buys out JP, would he put conditions in the contract stating that the content and forums remain unchanged?
    \"No matter where you go,
    there you are.\"

Unhappy

Guys?

Did I mention that I am going to purchase AO? Or with idea of selling it out?

Its just a brainstorming question, I came out with. Engrossed with all these pleasures AO provides, I had this idea popped-up!

Am I guilty now? And thanks to those who'd PM me, about how bad I am.
    \" ZxC 4 life! \"

JP, a question aimed at you.

Would you sell AO???