Thread: David Westerfield found guilty

Exclamation David Westerfield found guilty

After ten days of deliberations, the jury found David Allen Westerfield guilty on all charges. With all the media hype and feelings, what does everybody think of this case? I think this was very sad and scary for everybody involved.

It must suck to be him. Coverage is still underway on the CourtTV website: www.courttv.com

Upset

First, my heart goes out to her family, and I think that this might bring some sort of ending to their grief. I hope that he either gets the death penalty, or rots in jail.

Banned
    i agree with Phen, this guy needs to spend the rest of his life in prison or get the death penalty.

Feelings

Having not been on the jury I can only wonder at what took them so long (also I have not read anything on the verdict yet either). However, if the media is to be believed at all this was a pretty open and shut case.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. Yes I agree it might suck to be him but he chose to end a young child's life. IMO he is the most brutal and animalistic criminal of all, the killing just puts him over the top. Child molesters are the lowest most perverted type of scum, IMO. They not only hurt but they rob children of their innocence. A gift that is taken away fast enough in normal growth but to have it violently ripped from you must be horrendous.

I will not be upset if he gets the death penalty nor if he doesn't as long as he spends the rest of his days behind bars. If they do give him the death penalty though I know that I will be upset with the number of people who will ty to de-vilify him in order to get it remanded.

Maybe I sound harsh, well when someone rapes and murders a child I do not believe they deserve compassion. While I do pray that he finds forgiveness from God, society must never forget his heinous crime and must ensure that he can never commit it again. Either via permanant incarceration or through the death penalty.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

SodaMoca5, well said. I never said I felt sorry for the guy, and quite frankly, this was a very horrendous crime, and no child deserves such a crime to be committed to them.

Westerfield Guilty

Agreeing with all previsous postings here...just wanted to throw my .02 worth in. What, exactly, did the jury get stuck on that it took about 8 or 9 days to reach an agreement on? The fact that the mother and this Westerfield guy were seen in a bar drinking and smoking? Or the lifestyles that each person lived? Come on...

The evidence left no doubt that Westerfield committed the crime. He deserves to die for his crimes not only against the little girl, but his crimes against civilized society. May God have mercy on his soul when the day of reckoning comes. The impression I get from watching prison movies is that prisoners don't care much for child molesters...
    \"No matter where you go,
    there you are.\"

Ways and means

I have an ancillary opinion, a little left of average, perhaps. In any capital case, there should be another trial, immediately, or a 'second stage' where the convicted could plead for mercy on any/all whatsoever grounds.. and following same, if mercy denied, execution proceed with great immediacy. That the system allows years of appeals is IMPOSSIBLE to justify. The sentence of death, once imposed, should be accomplished posthaste. And I am NO fan of the death penalty, nor believe it presently fairly administered. Rarity of imposition I am in favor of, and much reform of administration. Notwithstanding, all appeal should be exhausted BEFORE the sentence is imposed. Once imposed, days, not months or years, should be the maximum time allowed prior to execution.

He shouldn't get the death penalty. I bet the guys in prison will love to "play" with him.

We have people here saying rape etc is wrong, yet that the other guys in jail would love to play with him. I think that rape is one of the most horrid crimes possible and that doing that to a child is even more so. I do not think that he should be raped, or whatever. I do think he should be killed. But, I have seen what the effects of rape can do to a person, let alone a child and I have no mercy for the person who commits a crime like that.

And for those who say what took so long to convict him. I think that is better to take longer looking at all the facts than just saying what the hell let's convict him.

All I know is brother......I'm sick...and tired ......about being sick &tired about seeing little girls molested and killed(4 in the past three months!!!).If he is truly guilty (and only him,the little girl and God know) then he should die a heinous death