Hi, I seem to be haveing dificulties mounting my floppy drive. I am trying to set up my ethernet adapter to work in redhat linux. I have a driver disk that came with the ethernet card. In that floppy disk is a linux directory, so I opened the linux directory and found two files, tulip.c and readme

I hopened the read me and there was instructions for seting up my ethernet card.

So I then booted to linux egar to try it out. So I inserted the floppy and:

mount /dev/fd0

I have a book , Teach yourself linux in 24 hours, and in that book was instructions for accessing a floppy drive, it says I am suposed to mount it, then i can use the floppy. So I issued the above command and viola:

VFS: Can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev 02:00
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad super block on /dev/fd0, or too many mounted file systems

So i went to google and did a web search, I found this

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue65/tag/27.html

Someone obviously had the same error I have and did a post about it, I read it over but it does not seem to have a answer for my question.

As an atatchment I am atatching the readme on my driver disk for the ethernet card, incase anyone needs more information.

I am woundering if somebody may know the reason why I cannot mount my floppy drive.

I need to copy the tulip.c from my floppy disk to /usr/src/linux/drivers/net so that I can compile tulip.c.

Any sugestions?