:( ISS ad on AO

Thread: :( ISS ad on AO

:( ISS ad on AO

why is it that the "malicious hacker" in the ISS ad here and many other places looks like such a freakin loser? i take that as a sterotype and an insult-and everyone else here should as well. you may say "im into security" but really, ethics are the only difference between secuirty and hackers-not looks.
    Share on Google+

Um, everybody has some complaint about AO, and this is one of the freakiest I have heard. Maybe you should start a "hackers are good looking people too" campaign?

bleh
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Why don't you complain to ISS? They are the ones that made the banner. It has nothing to do with antionline.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

Banned
    or better yet take a look at the members photos, we arent exactly the prettiest people in the world ya know.
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    dome> good point. You notice I normally don't have a picture of me up. Computers sometimes. My puppies lately. When I did put my own picture up, it was only there for a couple days.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings:

Personally, I think ISS was being careful not to make the malicious hacker look glamorous. What kind of message would ISS be sending if the malicious hacker that does illegal activities in their campaigns was a successful, wealthy, good looking man that appears to have everything in the world going for him?

No need to have the nation's youth make heros out of criminals.....
    Share on Google+

Or that could be what they think the "average" person looks like. Make them too good looking and people think, "Hey, I want to be like that." And make them too ugly and people just ignore it, laugh at it, or what you will.

If you are looking too deeply into things why does the disgruntled employee looks like the ideal Aryan.

But that is looking too deeply.
    Share on Google+

that's actually a very good point JP, and an angle that I had not thought of yet. Good spin

El Diablo
    Share on Google+

Yes! I agree! That banner is based on pure stereotypes! I think that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Dude, stop whining. You're talking about a banner. Are you reading this? A freakin' banner. Don't get all pissed over a banner, dude.

Greetz & Respect.
    Bleh.
    Share on Google+