First I would like to say that this is not intended to be a Microsoft bashing thread.

The US government has been going through a lot of pains to crack down on cyber terrorism. Tougher laws and higher jail time. My question is, Should they go after companies like Microsoft. I mean, from my point of view, Microsoft should be held responsible for security flaws in their programs. I feel that their programs are buggy and have big security holes, but they decide to sit and what before they release the patch. Here's an example, the exploit that was posted by Euclid. They want to wait until Service Pack 1 before they release the patch?

I don't think the government should shutdown Microsoft, I just would like to see some law that forces software companies to put security first and when a flaw does come out, the law should force them to act promptly. It made me sick to here Gates say when they were developing Xp that they were going to start putting security first. I believe that should have been #1 on their list to begin with. I mean, come on.. waiting to fix security holes and not having security high on their list is inviting terrorist to attack.