Write a letter with your eyes

Thread: Write a letter with your eyes

Write a letter with your eyes

Scientists from Cambridge Uni in the UK have created a method that makes it possible to write using your eyes. The method is quite genious, and they have a demo ready for everyone to try. Myself I was pretty impressed with the teqnique. Of course I don't have the eye-camera that is needed in the real application, but in the demo it's possible to use the mouse instead. But you still get the impression it would work even with a camera attached to your eye. This must be something like a breakthorugh for peole with movement disabilites!

The project here: http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/

Download here: http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/Download.html
    ---
    proactive

Truly amazing

...could also revolutionize text entry on handhelds

Could be, but I wouldn't be comfortable with walking around with a camera on my head! But the tecnique is probably faster than using one of them touch-screens with handwriting recognition. (I never found them very usable anyway...)
    ---
    proactive

Kewl, this would acctualy help alot of people, but I think they may have to put a filter on it, some people don't have 'Full' controle of their eye's so they may quiver or shake....still nice idea...

Not the people with "Locked-In" Syndrome can speak again

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

This is one of the coolest applications I've seen. What an efficient method of transcription!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

man man.. where the technology will end.. really great.. thanks for sharing..
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Very cool.Sort of like the cannon on the apache gunships.I'm glad to see the idea used for a better purpose.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]