Thread: Don't know how much my system can take?

Don't know how much my system can take?

Hello.

I have taken it upon myself to get reacquainted with learning how to program. For me it takes a slow pace to fully undertsand OOP. In the past I always could get the basics, then after this it would become overwhelming. I would leave it altogether, then go back to it, on and on, etc. I really like doing this. It is exciting having something work, even though it's simple, that was made by yourself.

I have been learning from another programmer just recently who was nice enough to help me out and get me started and has been a great motivator. He has shown me how to code in VB6 and I feel confortable and am surprised at the small stuff I had created. I will still need to reread everything until the codes sink in.

Right now, and for some time now, I have been going through some major problems. I feel this has motivated me to get back into programming. I am having problems with a few people on a chat program, others are as well, admins and all, but I'm getting it the most. I have been punted out of rooms by this person, had my own room effected, been nuked and port tapped by this person, and was sent not so good things through these ports by this person. My computer system has been altered because of this mess. The people who run the chat cannot do anything without proof, how can I get it when this person bypasses everything? To make matters a little bit worse this person knows some higher people as well.

This is a long and involved story and I will not get into the politics of it, because this is what it is about. I have made a GUI and some basic controls to a program I am working on. It's to bean anti punting program that would redirect a punt back to the punter while recording their IP, ad also send the attacker info within the chat environment.

The thing is, I feel like I'm thinking to far ahead to make a program of this nature. I have a psuedo idea but no idea otherwise. If anyone would know of any research sites or places that could help me into making a program such as this that would be great, I don't want to be told how to make it though; I would prefer to do this on my own.

My goal is to make tools where people do not have to worry about being punted out. This has done it for me. I cannot be on this type of chat and enjoy myself, others are very concerned as well. I would like to have a professional room on this place and have paid my subscription dues for having a blue name.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I am really looking forward in learning from others and maybe even make a few friends. Thanks for all of your time.

RJ
    Robert

I'm not sure which chat service your having problems beeing booted from, but somehow I have a feeling its yahoo, because I've heard a lot about booter programs for yahoo. Google is probably your best bet for finding the info you need for your program. I must say its a great idea, a way to keep the jerks from booting you when you don't answer their "how do I hack hotmail questions". Heres a link to a google search for "anti booter" surely some site on the list should have code examples or such.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&q=anti+booter

Good luck with your search and your programming.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Not Yahoo

This chat is called Paltalk. To make a long story as brief as possible, a few room owners have a room. The main owner didn't pay his part of the bill for the room, so these people decide to branch out and make their own room. I'm hired as an admin and there is fuel being put onto the fire because the owner that is of the room which I'm admining is is accused of closing down the other's chat room.

Later on as time goes by the admins get tired of the owners who made their own room. Attitudes, not following the G Rated rules etc. At this point I'm promoted a head admin slightly before this period. One day, the admins decide that they don't want to take any more beef, so The admins there split up to make their own room, a black room that is not capable of streaming video like all the other rooms are. This is a bad move since this drives away people from a paid room into a free room. Bad blood progresses and the owner of the room which the admins left decides to take it upon himself to clone another screen person's name and use a punter to knock out all of the admins from this third room. This person has punted, nuked, sent viruses to me and he will not let up and Paltalk will not do anything without physical proof, kind of difficult when he is untraceable.

this same person also threatened someone on Paltalk, very serious, and yet he is still allowed on. A palTalk red, someone who is high rank in paltalk, told me to get proof and then go see a co-admin. Now, no matter if I am an admin or not, he is still capable of punting people out, though I'm getting most of the flack. Today I had to do a complete format of my system because of the damage I have been through during all these times I have been beaten up.
    Why do these people stay on??? Is there a real logical answer to this question???

Rooms on Paltalk are a business and I have seen the good and dark sides of Paltalk. Rooms that have streaming video for all are like this because the owners flip the bill. Rooms pay by themselves through the use of sponserships, selling items, etc. So yes, it is a business transaction and it is encouraged there.

I think the owner may have been upset because I resigned my hat as head admin, a hat is a designation that a person is an admin the "@" symbol in front of the name. My work in the owners room was never appreciated and I was yelled at because I wouldn't respond right then and there when I was told to.

I have been an admin of 6 rooms, a head admin of one, and am owner and admin of my own photo room, well not now since I get ousted out of it, so I know how paltalk works, functions, and carries it sell; the baggage if you will. Why do I stay you ask? The rooms are greatly moderated and have a top environment for live video and chat. Unfortunately there are holes in it. There are illegal tools out there, plus the banning of people doesn't reside on the server side, but on the client side. You ban someone, no biggie just either download an antiban program or do it manually from the registry. It is a mess, but yet I stay because of the programs capability, the friends I do have, and because I never let down from a fight. I will not change my screename for anybody.

Well, that is the short of it. Thanks for listening.

RJ
    Robert