FW- a new bie question

Thread: FW- a new bie question

Arrow FW- a new bie question

Would any one here plz tell me what is the actuall procees happened during peer 2 peer connection while transfer of file occur between two persons on MSN. and also when i send other a file through msn or yahoo messenger. can i catch the ip address of other person. if yes than how? (usage of netstat command is false answer).

So you want to know how to get the IP address of someone who is using yahoo or msn messenger. Is that essentially what you're asking? During a transfer right?
    If so then why?

Not sure

I am not really sure, 'cause I don't use MSN, but I remmeber coming across such a thing-- related to NetStat.

All what you've got to do, is send the other-peer a file, or establish any file transfer; thats persuming that file transfers occur directly.

When established, do a netstat -an command, and you'll get all the active connections including your friend's IP.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    \" ZxC 4 life! \"

Unhappy I could be wrong

It sounds like you are trying to make contact with an individual, then have them establish a connection with you through a file sharing service provided by your Internet Chat Provider. Once this connection is made, you are looking for a method to capture or find out this individuals IP address,

I don't feel comfortable providing information on this topic, unless you go into more detail on why you are looking to obtain this information, and how you plan to use it.