robot learns to fly

Thread: robot learns to fly

robot learns to fly

ok. this is pretty amazing.
    in this article from AZCentral, the tell of how scientists essentially watched as their robot taught itself to fly in 3 hours using only simple instructions. problem solving at its finest.
    its interesting, as well, that robots can try to "cheat"

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...LUTION-DC.html
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Developer Extraordinar
    Very Interesting, some day robots may rule the world! Ahh Scary. But really I mean look technology can do now. We're on a computer, and we're on the "internet", We' connecting to millions of computer, commuicating with people for across the ocean, with the click of a button. So I add this.. how much more do you think technology with develop? Or do you think we're reached what we're going to. Later

MicroBurn
    Come to UnError.com

oh no. we are FAR from "maxing out" out tech. i had a theory going for a while that we are in an enlightened society and technology is the new art. previously in history, anytime there was a so-called enlightened society, there was a boom of creativity, or art. the egyptians, the greeks, the romans, rennaissance, etc. all throughout history. each one had exceptional artistic accomplishments and great advances. this is mainly brought about by time freed up. the less time you have to spend in the fields, working out math problems by hand, whatever... the less time you have for creative endeavors. and since the technology we are creating is faster and smaller, we have more time on our hands to create new, faster tech. i foresee things advancing even faster in the future.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I definetely donīt think we have reached our limits! I hope that technology will develop further as the years pass! But it is scary though to think that one day we will develop robots that can actually think, unlike these robots that only act intelligent, by storing and analysing data.

But will AI if developed by humans be able to set aside its own need for survival. Because if AI is not able to do this.... War will, very quickly, break out!

i wonder having read qwerty_smithīs latest in lay. if our tech. develops like:

if y = the level of tech and x = time in years

y = x^2 or something like that!

Just wondering!
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah, it's scary to think about what could happen if the future tech. got in the wrong hands or if they became un-controllable.
    Come to UnError.com

well... i donīt think it can get in the wrongs hands if it "open source" and freely moderated by democracy, and not government! Uncontrollable, i donīt know, it is a question of considering it ethically before developing further and further
    !

hehe, a couple of years ago I was reading two different articles about robotics. One was about a new type of robot that was designing and building new robots all on its own. It would build one, analyze it, and design a better one. In about 4 generations it had moved completely away from human based engineering designs and was creating robots that were MUCH different than we could conceive of.

then the other article was about a robot that could power itself by eating meat. It would use enzymes to break down the meat and create a by product that it would power itself off of. They had put in a built in safety mechanism that kept them from considering humans as a potential source of power, but all that kept coming to mind was the Matrix.

Anyway, my mind started to wander and what did it wander too? Well what happens when the self-replicating robot designs a new robot that eats meat? Or designs one that is self-aware? hehe, just some light thinking for the weekend.

I have those exact same thoughts... Although a matrix like scenario is impossible (due to the fact that it would take up far to much energy draining live people for energy since they would consume more energy than they would put out!).

But a self aware robot is not unlikely! But as Diablo said, just something to wonder abnout in the weekend!