Thread: sendmail/exchange error

sendmail/exchange error

Im reciving mail, but when i try to send mail i get this error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'ircd@10.0.0.89'. Subject 'Test', Account: '10.0.0.1', Server: '10.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Relaying is prohibited', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any Clue as to why?
    Thanks

SMTP Help

Hi linuxcomando,

I think the problem is with the outgoing (SMTP) server.
    Either its not correctly configured, or the SMTP server filters outgoing mails.

When a SMTP server filters mails, it prevents the sender from sending a mail to a destination; either the destination address is banned or the sender address is not allowed to send an email.

I am not really sure, but as an example: My ISP rejects sending an email to anyone, if the sender’s address isn't the one the ISP uses. Let say that the ISP address is: anything@isp.isp. If I send an email, with my address as mrzxc@mrzxc.mrzxc, it filters it out and rejects it. This way spoofing is prevented.

Hope to hear more from you.
    \" ZxC 4 life! \"

I have a couple of questions for you.
    1. What are you using to send mail? (MS Outlook Express?)
    2. Are you going through an ISP or are you connected to a LAN?

Just curious.
    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Ann Landers

im on a lan, and MS outlook Express,
    I toor\'d YOU!

Try this link. I don't know if you have access to your exchange server but you can try the first option to see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q290808&
    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Ann Landers

are you conguring the server? is it exchange or sendmail?

they're all internel ips so i take it your testing internal mail.

is the local address table and the local domain name listing correct?

if your configuring it, make sure you set up fowarding with authentication.

are you looping back inside a firewall? are you internal mx records correct?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Well according to your error message (Error Number: 0x800CCC79) the smtp server rejects recipient.I send a test to that address and it went through.Definitely something wrong on your LaN.
    The Power Of Your Imagination:

Ok,
    i Just couldnt understand who is the Active MTA in you internal network?
    hope for you that it's sendmail and if it is sendmail go and edit /etc/mail/relay-domains and add your ip address and it will do the job.

if it's exchange, check where to update the relay ip address lists.
    Unix, Network Security Engineer