View Poll Results: Did this tutorial help you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Thanks for the information it was very informative

8 61.54%
  • Nope, I already knew all that you spoke of

4 30.77%
  • Didnt bother to read it cause im too lazy to read ur hard work : P

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Anti-Virus

Question Best Anti-Virus

Hi There I was wondering what u people thought was the best anti-virus
    [shadow]I Have Not Failed I Have Just Fond 10,000 Ways It Will Not Work[/shadow][

Sophos anti-virus as used by the British Government

It's effective but stays out of the way and doesn't screw up your machine like 99% of others

slarty is right sophos is the best and pretty much the defacto av on the internet. i tryed to convince the mis director on this fact but we wound up getting norton for gateways and on each desktop, which im very sastisfied with.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

My vote goes to avg.

Why

1. It's free
    2. good on memory
    3. has all the features that a good av program should have
    4. Never conflicted with other programs unlike mcafee
    5. It's free
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I use a Combo of Panda & McAfee at work. I used to be a hard core McAfee User, and after the issues I have been having with their firewall & virus scan software I switched to Norton AntiVirus and the free version of OutPost. So out of the three I mentioned. I would suggest:

1. Panda
    2. Norton
    3. McAfee

I have some experience with InoculateIT, but I don't know where I would place that. Maybe a tie for third. These are just my opinions based on my expierence. Hope it helps.

I use norton on my windows comps and I love it, great support, good updates, and does not use a ton of system resorces.
    Ill THink of one when i get time.

I like F-Prot the best....

out of all the antivirus programs I have tryed, but mind you I have only tryed Norton, Panda and F-Prot

Im going to try some of the antivuse programs you ppl sugested.

If someone is interested in trying F-Prot the DOS version is free for personal use at
    www.f-prot.com
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

I have used Norton Anti-Virus for about ten years, and has served me very well. I have also used Innocolate it, McAffee, and Panda, and I still like NAV best. Some will argue it's a memory hog, and takes over everything, but it works for me.

I have Norton, its alright, but quite annoting. For one Trojan, itll warn you too many times. Slow to startup, but definetely beats McAfee anyday.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

i used to use InoculateIt but they sold out to eTrust. But they have been really good. It never let a virus through yet.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]