Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints Center Update

Antipoints Center Update

Heya, I just thought of something that may help out some of the new members of AntiOnline. I think it would be a good idea to add a section to the AntiPoints Center where you would be able to view your Top 10 best and worst post. Perhaps by comparison, some people may learn what would and what wouldn't be appropriate to post.

That is a great suggestion and I am behind it 100%. I think it would help newbies understand what is and is not acceptable here. Great Suggestion R_A!

Cool I herby nominate Remote Access as the moderater

Thats a good idea..but a lot of work! I hereby nominate RA as the moderater!
    I mean after all someone has to objectably judge what the best and worse are. Unless each member was responsable to make that judgment himself.
    (Have a drink on me)

/me passes R_A the brewskies

Banned
    I agree! I think this would prove to be a very useful new feature.

I wonder how hard it would be, to implement this feature? Hopefully not too hard.

Originally posted by antihaxor
    Thats a good idea..but a lot of work! I hereby nominate RA as the moderater!
    I mean after all someone has to objectably judge what the best and worse are. Unless each member was responsable to make that judgment himself.
    I believe R_A_ was talking about most antipoints gained in a thread - and most taken away. This, in theory would differentiate the "good" posts from the "bad", correct?...Most likely not. Imo, people would see that the way to gain the most antipoints (and, yes I know, we have to teach these youngsters that antipoitns isn't the only thing to look forward to in a post) is by posting up useless crap in the GeneralChitChat or TechHumor.

So maybe if those to forums were discarded, it would be quite accurate, or at least more than it would have before. .

Just my two cents.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Well web you're right

Yea webcarnage I did seem to misread that. BUTT if that is the case then the all time record for antipoints assigned to one post would be here(by evil_enchalada)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...383#post534383

I guess by that standard this would be AO's #1 post.

evil_enchilada []
    AntiOnline Newbie

Tutorials Posted: 1

-----

Gah! ... Madd props to EE.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Senior since the 3 dot era
    I ask myself, how did AntiHaxor came up with that one.
    But there are similar things at AO:
    read this:

Greetings All:

The "Top AntiPoint Earner" list that I created was a bad idea. It led to nothing but problems, and it's not coming back.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.
    source: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=141076

hmmm? JP?
    nevermind. AO changes, moods change, members change,...

Old Fart
    An excellent suggestion to be sure. It might be better if JP were to specify 10 good posts and 10 bad posts and display the same posts in everyones AP Center. Given that this is JP's baby, I think it should be up to him to set the standards and expectations for those wishing to post on AO. When you consider the benefit to newbies, you must understand that they may NEVER post something that can be considered as 'good' or 'acceptable', so it might be best for JP to provide the examples. JMHO.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

- I was meaning that what would determine your top 10 best and worst post would be based on the antipoints you recieved. Like the top 10 posts you got positive points for and the top 10 post you got negative points for.

Imo, people would see that the way to gain the most antipoints (and, yes I know, we have to teach these youngsters that antipoitns isn't the only thing to look forward to in a post) is by posting up useless crap in the GeneralChitChat or TechHumor.
    - Well, it would be better to strive for positive points by makeing good post than to just continue makeing bad post and recieve negative points. Isn't that the whole purpose of the antipoint system? To encourage people to make better post? Some posts are assigned points, pos or neg, when they shouldn't be but that's something that the community needs to work on.