Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 the newbies by a newbie

Lightbulb 4 the newbies by a newbie

I've seen a couple of posts,by newbies,asking how to hack this and how to hack that.In the short time I've been a member.I realize that all newbie members aren't actually newbies to the world of security and hacking,but for those that are,and are looking for a good place to start.I would recommend looking into the laws reguarding hacking and computer fraud.I've been reading up on them for the last few days,and it really makes you realize how quick u can have your freedom taken away trying to hack when you really don't have the slightest clue about what your doing.I'm talking huge fines and 10-20 yrs. prison time.So don't be stupid.If your going to get into something do your homework.I'm not trying to discourage anybody from trying to gain whatever experience they're looking for,just trying to give you a little bit of insite.Sysadmins don't see newbie hackers as innocent little teenie boppers experimenting.They see you as a threat,and if you get caught throwing around viruses and stuff to random people you'll eventually be prosecuted for it,and won't so much as see a computer for a long time.Know what you're getting yourself into before you get into it.The net provides anything you could ever want to know about computers and how they work.USE IT.

I would have to fully agree with that, and I wish that every newbie that comes to Antionline would be required to read this post. It could save a lot of headaches dealing with these questions when they appear. If your frequent to Antionlines irc you probably already know what I am talking about. While not all newbie's do stupid things like ask how to hack hotmail and the such, the ones that do ruin it for all the others by making everyone hostile towards newbies in general. People be smart dont ruin it for everyone.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Hi gg and Dark

I was thinking to put the ideas in a thread just as what you did now.. hornet. As you said there may be newbies to this forum but to the computers.

I simply support your perception. You both are absolutely right. Last week I got a email (the address i specified during registration) from a person How to hack hotmail. The person is pretty intelligent as he/she is aware of the flames and negs if ask the same question here.

Hackers are the people with positive attitude. They just lie at constructive edge. People with destructive and malicious activity are just crakers. Real hackers dont agree if people call crackers as hackers.

I strongly recommend newbies to be aware of AO rules and just going thru the FAQ before posting.
    ragmyn

At the heart of the Internet culture is the force that want to know everything about you.

yeah u got ur point there folx... since hacking is not just a plain word that could easily be learn.. or taught to a person who wannabe a hacker. dont ask "how to hack?" but ask how to do programs that will increase ur knowledge, hacking is not being taught.. it is being learned through experience.... but before doing such things.. u should ask urself if u are ready enough and experience to that the job...

a little tips...... never leave a finger prints.... what i mean is that..... erase all possible files that could trace u out whenever u are making an unauthorized access to a system...

coolice

good thing ragmyn...... hacker and cracker has alot of differences..... also with pranksters and phreakers......

so for other newbie like me..... better look the differences of hacker, cracker, prankster and phreakers... so that we will have the idea on posting a questions such as "how to hack"....

deym.... gotta read alot of stuffs and learn more programming..... that's what u gotta do first.......

coolice
    cool_ice^

What ragmyn has said was right. Crackers never become Hackers.
    Cybor - The Cyber Organism

[gloworange]Stay Connected.[/gloworange]

there are some great deterrants you pointed out hornet.
    but common sense is the best tool to stay out of trouble. hackers tend to be curious people by their nature. Exploring and learning about computer systems is a great thing, but invading somebody elses network is very wrong.
    good post.
    know how to sell your wares. intrinsic quality isnt enough. not everyone bites at substance or looks for inner value. people like to follow the crowd;they go someplace because they see other people do so. uniqueness appeals both to the taste and to the intellect.

I totally agree,gghornet....Im not here to learn to hack,Im here to learn to lesson the chances that I GET hacked,and maybe pick up some knowledge I can use to help friends with...

Stay Safe

If you really want to learn how to hack and not goto jail, goto your local used computer shop and get some really cheap systems, load Linux, FreeBSD, Windows whatever you want on them and setup a LAN, install some web servers, ftp, whatever you want and hack away to your hearts content. Just dont press charges on your self and you will be fine.

Re: Stay Safe

This is a very good post gg... and the comment of MidNyte is great !

Originally posted here by MidNyte
    If you really want to learn how to hack and not goto jail, goto your local used computer shop and get some really cheap systems, load Linux, FreeBSD, Windows whatever you want on them and setup a LAN, install some web servers, ftp, whatever you want and hack away to your hearts content. Just dont press charges on your self and you will be fine.
    If you want to learn without getting into troubles, this is the best way to do it ! You can get real cheap systems that do the job these days... You can't learn security or hacking just by reading, you need to experiment stuff. Hacking into others computers is bad so following MidNyte advices is the best way to do it !

You could also create your own local network with a friend and experiment together and learn. Having someone else install a computer and you trying to hack it may be more challenging that hack a system that you know the config.

Follow the rules and enjoy the lan hack party with friends !

Hacking can be fun if you follow the rules ! Remember that getting access to ressources on other people computers without their consentment IS ILLEGAL !

If you want to read about hackers/crackers getting in trouble read Crime and Puzzlement by John Barlow. Its kindof long, but its well written, and easy to follow.

If you have a lot of time on your hands you could read the free e-book the hacker crackdown by Bruce Sterling. Its very long, and i havent finished it yet, but its not bad. Its about the SS taking down the LoD across the states in 1990.
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist