Thread: lan gaming?????

lan gaming?????

i am on a lan and i find that online games like counter strike will not let me play people outside the lan. how would i set it to let me play with people around the world. ??????? i thank you for the help

Joey might be right
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

There are a lot of variables there. Are you on a corporate network? If so Counter Strike usually uses port 27015 to connect to most CS servers and I believe that WON uses 6003 (correct me if I'm wrong please). These ports will need to be open in order for you to play online. If they are not, then there is little to nothing that you can do. If you are on your home network, make sure you are connected to the internet and your firewall lets the above ports through (or even better, is stateful and only lets established connections back in and only specified ports out) and you should be set to go.

Beast: First, you need to have some sort of access out of the lan. Does your computer have a LAN card as well as a modem? If so, use your modem like you would normally to connect, and then choose 'Internet Games'. But not all LAN's have a proxy or gateway server that lets the LAN user's connect to the internet. Most LAN parties that I've been at (impromptu friend gathering) did NOT have internet access set up (hosted at someone's house, and they don't have broadband, for instance...), they were isolated networks.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

is your comp hooked up to a router or switch or hub or are u connect to another comp that is hooked up to the internet or do u have a direct connection to the modem???
    Ill THink of one when i get time.

Banned
    I have played Half-life online and I had to install a updater to get a list of the latest updates then find a way to get accounts to other networks includeing WON.