I'm having a problem with my Mom's work laptop.
First of all here are the specs:
NEC Versa SXi, current runs Win XP Pro

Basically, this laptop worked perfectly before. One day she took it to work so their "professional" computer guy can setup Windows XP Pro and put her on the company server. So they set it up to connect to company's domain and showed Mom that the Internet works. She took the laptop home and wanted to get on the Internet. I directly plugged her into the DSL modem and it doesn't work. The IP address, Gateway, and DNS are all correct. The weirdest part- I was able to ping outside but all the applications cannot access the Internet.

I emailed the "professional computer guy" to inquire if he ever tested if the laptop could access the Internet outside of the work's network. I did not receive a reply.

If anyone has any suggestions please help!!!!

PS. Unfortunately this "computer guy" does not like me too much. I indirectly caused him to crash the company server and delete all the crucial email. Basically I was the loud mouth who suggested that VPN was a good secure way for employees to connect from home and managed to prove it. Then while setting up the VPN the server crashed... oops. Later on, I found out the server runs... Win NT4!!!!

Lol...