The RIAA's new (heh) strategy

Thread: The RIAA's new (heh) strategy

Old Fart

The RIAA's new (heh) strategy

I'm shaking in my shoes because the RIAA has pulled out a secret weapon that will change the music market forever (snicker). It's called DATAPlay digital media, and it is a plastic-encased CD about the size of a poker chip that holds 500 megs of data. Supposedly this new medium is very easy to copy protect which is presumably why the RIAA loves it so much. Blank media will cost about $5 bucks a unit (if bought in 10 unit packages), the burner will cost $350, and the pre-recorded media will cost roughly the same as a DVD. Future models (portables) may incorporate an LCD screen.

Also from the same article, and I quote, "Arista is starting a number of subscription-based fan Web sites at $25 a year. The first features Boyz II Men and offers exclusive material, which could include live concert footage, interviews and pictures, all ideally suited for downloading and playback on DataPlay." Please excuse the sound of me tossing my cookies over the mental images this idea invokes.

Want to know more about this 'revolutionary' technology?? Use the link below and form your own opinion!
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

They call it a strategy we call it an insane diabolical scheme to rip us off.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.