Learning in your sleep?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning in your sleep?

Lightbulb Learning in your sleep?

I have an idea that it is possible to learn while you are sleeping! I mean your practically unconscious thus is the road to your subconsciens open! And this is where all things you need to know deep inside the back of your head and just "splurt it out" whenever asked!

Just like "What is 2+2?" It isnīt something you think about when answering, you know it in your mind before the question is asked! You donīt think "If I have two bananas and then get two more, I would have..... 4 bananas!"

The only thing is I donīt now how to go about it?(Iīm BTW thinking of letting myself be a test bunny) What methods would I use? Think there are any risks? (The risks are obviuos but how large are they?) What types of information would be possible to learn this way? (I am thinking maths, logically learning etc. i donīt think history and such is so good) I am open to suggestions...

Thank you for your time!

P.S. My spelling aint to good... Sorry
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

Banned
    i tried it doesnt work... i was ****ed for a english speach some macbeth speech so i recoreded it and played it all through the night by the time i got up i had delearned stuff so i dont think it works
    rioter

Well maybe it is just the method, there must some other way to learn! Perhaps if you use optics... Maybe something visual, of course combined with the audio! Colors must be the way to go!

There was a lot of experimentation in the 70's and early 80's on this question, I think it was also by the same ppl who were trying to guess shapes on cards (ESP) and testing spoon benders... Google it and see what you come up with..

Oh another method to "Un learn".. connect ya brain to 450V DC... best Bulk eraser I ever encountered...

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Haha... Iīll keep the unlearning bit in mind....

I accept absolutely no responsibility if you go brain dead,suffer a case of amnesia,or just completely lose your mind.I've taken a few psychology classes,but am by no means a psychologist/hypnotherepist.

I don't know that it is possible to learn in your sleep,but I do know that right before you fall asleep,your mind is in a more suggestable state(Sort of a hypnotic state).So if you can't learn in your sleep,you might try an audio tape that would jack up your motivation/intrest in the subject you want to learn.Outside sources can influence your mind during the sleep process,but usually your brain twists it into something that it's not(ie. somebody drops a book on the ground and you dream you're being shot at "You'd have to be a pretty heavy sleeper")
    So I imagine it would do the same thing with an audio tape.So in the end,if anything,you'd probably just make yourself dumber by doing that.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Hmmm... You might be rigt! Iīve read that the mind uses sleep as a way to sort out all those impressions it has gotten all day, but them in the "right boxes"! So if this process is interrupted somehow ones social and learning capabilities might drop!

Found this site http://www.sleeplearning.com/ and it is one big advertise! After reading a while i found out its tapes they play in your sleep! But not a word on what they say, how it works and what kind results it gives! that sucks!

Old Fart
    I used this method when I studied for my ACT and SAT back in the 80's......it works really well if you introduce LSD into the equation...

<EDIT>
    This comment was made 'tongue-in-cheek'
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

hehehe... Iīm not sure the LSD part of the equation helps your memory! Bút then again that isnīt one of hte goals

If you really contemplate the question.....you may realize you already learn in your sleep. Although the problem is you don't necessarily learn what you wish to learn. As you probably know, you have multiple dreams in your deepest state of sleep, and these dreams are things you've either never experienced before, or a contorted version of reality. So in all truth, your brain is probably at it's most creative state while you're asleep. I've written a few of my works based upon images I've created while I was asleep. I know this doesn't really help you learn math, but maybe it will help you specialize your hopes in learning, so as to refine your gest, and produce the greatest results.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness