Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vulnerability Scanner

Guys, guys, guys... search before posting! This scanner thing has been discussed for like million times!

t2k2, you made a good start by choosing this forum to find info. But when you were here, before posting, you could see lots of similar discussions.

http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=69

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

not sygate

i tryed sysgate's detection pages and it all looked really good when i was using sygate firewall but when i tested any other firewall it would all ways come up with the same results,a few open ports,even when i turned my firewall off,same,then i told my firewall's to block everything and it still said that i had vunrabilitys.i did this with about 5 different firewalls and always exactly the same no matter what i did.

then i put sygate back on but turned it of completely and did it again and it showed that i was completely secure.

Sounds very dodgy to me,and if your thinking that there might be some problem with there site, i tested all my firewalls on various other sites like sheilds up and blackcode and this time they told me my vunrabilitys, i fixed them and it came up as better,so then i tested sysgate and these other sites said that it was insucure, and ports that were suposedly closed by sygates site annalasis, were acctully open

Sounds to me like sysgate's site some how detects when you have sysgate installed and shows you what you want to see.

anyone else noticed this
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194

I have Languard, pretty nifty. I downloaded Typhon I, but I haven't tried it yet. AATools looks pretty cool. Thanks all.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Thumbs up Vulnerability Scanner

Hey gang. I am now using Languard, and I have also downloaded AA Tools - very cool. I really appreciate the suggestions. This will definitely help. Languard is great because it gives you links to bugtraq for descriptions of the vulnerabilities. I found one shareware scanner that we use for testing called Blue Port, I think. It is a very fast port scanner I found on downloads.com. Thanks again for all the help.

blues

ive used blue port scanner before, and yea it is quite good but there are better
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194

hi
    try www.pcflank.com
    a good online testing page for firewalls