Thread: Hotmail??

Hotmail??

I'm having a weird problem...for the past 3 days I haven't been able to login to my hotmail account because I get a 404 however, I can login using my brothers hotmail account. I used both IE and Opera to login and none works, cleared my cookies and still. Could this be a problem with the server or what? I have 9 new e-mails and curious to see what they are

P.S. Don't reccomend me to use g-mail because I do (or any other e-mail service) and don't reccommend me to use firefox because I won't.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Just out of curiosity..do you want some help??..LOL
    Here is some links you can have a look at.http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ut...mail+error+404
    Practise what you preach.

i think it is problem with there server as it is happening to me and my friend since last 4 days, but we can login to messenger. Are you able to login to MSN messenger?
    It\'s all about sense of power.

AOs Resident Troll
    You can contact MS tech support....

may have to use your gmail account for a response...or one that works

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

don't reccommend me to use firefox because I won't.
    You should, not for choice, but to have available as a testing tool? Having said that, I wonder if you might try another computer............NOT a library, cybercafe or other public one

Your brother's connects and yours does not? might he be pulling your chain?

Just a thought?

I'm having the same issue. I can get to hotmail.com no problem, but when I hit the redirect where I am handed off to the hotmail server that manages my account it times out & dies. I can't even get Outlook Express to pull stuff from my hotmail account (which it usually does). I can get on messenger, and it says I have 3 new messages...grr...

BTW, I can sign into MSN.com with my passport no problem...it is just the hotmail.com part of the portal that isn't responding to my account...

sounds like this is a problem with Hotmail, and nothing on your end. If you can log in to your brothers account, but not yours, then it seems that the email server your account exists on is down or not responding correctly. This is of course assuming that you are logging in to both accounts from the same machine.

I'm willing to bet that MS is aware of the problem and they are fixing it in their own sweet time. Having said that you might want to drop their tech group a note from your bothers account explaining to them what you have told us.

I had something very similar happen with excite a couple of years back. One account would work perfectly fine but the other one would just time out when trying to log in. It turned out to be a server was down and took them almost a week to fix it.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Well, after posting this post I started searching around MSN.com and decided to go to loginnet.passport.com to see if it was down, and it wasn't but there was a link there to contact them, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Now, when I try to login it says that the server on which my account is stored, is temporarily unavalible, so I'm guessing it's being fixed. (Still haven't recieved an email back from them though and I did use my gmail account as my reply address)

Nihil, My HD space doesn't allow me to have un-nessecary programs installed, I have a 10gb HD, with 361MB of free space. I don't plan on upgrading the HD soon since I might be building a new one soon (Yes, get ready to help me, everyone, it'll be my first time building one) . Secondly, my brother is playing pranks on me because I would've caught on to it by now
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!