Weird win 98 thread continuation

Thread: Weird win 98 thread continuation

Webius Designerous Indiginous

Weird win 98 thread continuation

Well, My old thread decided it no longer wanted to be with us. A perfect example of a flaw in the suicidal system.

anyways if you can see anything else I can do or know of any free registry tools out there post it here. thanks.

/me bids farewell to his old thread swinging in the breeze, twitching ever so slightly.

Banned

er..never mind

X....did you try what I suggested? If so what where the results?

P.S someone negged the hell out of that last thread. It wasn't posted 1 min before
    got hit.

You posted your last relpy before I finished this post.. I guess it didn't work

Ya, each time it still had the same error where just the background would show up. I even started each on its own and tried narrowing it down, but when I was sure it was the system.ini (because it was the last one), when i tried booting with it deselected, it still had the same error. weird... although in safe mode it loads fine... I'm gunna tear thru the registry tommorow some more and see if I can find anything else. And i'm gunna do an fdisk /mbr also, just to kill any MBR virii.

Banned
    Do this BEFORE fdisking( some viruii call int13h and or hd controller commands to write themselves outside the dos read/write interupts) it will wipe out all partition info.

A:\>debug <enter>
    -F 200 L1000 0 <enter>
    -A CS:100 <enter>
    xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 <enter>
    xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 <enter>
    xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 <enter>
    xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 <enter>

(80 for hd 0 or 81 for hd 1 )

xxxx:010C INT 13 <enter>
    xxxx:010E INT 20 <enter>
    xxxx:0110 <enter>
    -g <enter>

Well, She needed her box back, so I ended up just reformating and reinstalling. Everything is fine now. But if it was my box I would have sat there until I figured it out. lol

Thanks for all the help...