Thread: Anywhere in Network

Anywhere in Network

I have Anywhere set to look for the public IP of the network. This is the IP set for the router. I have 2 hosts waiting for connection on the internal network, a domain controller and a workstation. Anywhere only sees the server. Does anyone know why that would be? This is driving me nuts!!

Have you checked to see if sharing is enabled?
    regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Sharing

Sharing is enabled on the workstation. Are you talking about another feature in Anywhere's config that I don't know about?

You were really vague about your setup, but to me it sounds like you have your own network on a private numbered address space behind a router and/or firewall that does NAT to a publicly routeable address space. I would assume that since you have a server there that it is serving things that need to be accessed by the public, which would then have a greater need for having a static NAT mapping so that it could be reached from the outside, whereas something like a workstation would not and therefore may not be reachable from the outside...

Alot more information about your setup would be very helpful in determining, but making a guess from what you are describing, I would say have a look at how you are doing NAT...

Neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Chrisr,i don't know anywhere to be honest.I am just thinking about networking in general.Also check your protocols,dialup,proxy settings and maybe your security settings for the two hosts.I only have experience in small networks which are setup with win98,95.

You may need somebody with more experience in other fields.
    good luck

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

chrisr

Check for file and print sharing in Network Neighborhood properties. After the step, a restart is required to get the changes work for you.

Well....

Specify the OS while posting your problem, so that it will be easy to suggest a solution.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210 ۯ

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.