Terminal Services?

Thread: Terminal Services?

Terminal Services?

Hey all I was wondering which ports I need to enable to get terminal services running on my Win2K Server? I installed the TSWeb software from microsoft and I try to log on and it keeps popping up saying there is an error on line 170 or something like that.
    I looked through a port list and enabled two ports that looked like they were the right ones.

And I have one last question if I make the Terminal Services Client creator disks using a different server will I still be able to connect to my first server?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Default port for TS is 3389 TCP...

(Here is a nice list of default ports for w2k DCs: http://support.microsoft.com/default...=kb;FR;q289241)

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Thanks for the help When i get back to work I will try enabling that port.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I tried to download the TSWeb client from microsoft and when I try connecting it gives me an error.
    line: 21
    Char: 7
    Object doesnt support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'
    Code: 0
    URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tsweb/connect.asp?
    Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx&FS=1&rW=1024&rH=768&

Can anyone help me with this?

BTW I already tried to enable the 3389 port , and I am running on a T1 connection.

I am not sure I understand... I was able to impliment T/S by installing the option from the control panel/Add or remove programs. Then add remove windows components. I dont remember there being any configuration options. I can check in the morning if you would like.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...