Thread: Error using Netcat

Error using Netcat

Sorry if this post is not appropiate for this forum, but I have XP and want to use Netcat. Now, I downloaded the Windows compatible version and ran it. I get the CMD line and typed in a prompt to execute a stealth scan on myself. After I hit enter, it immediately closed the window! What's going on?
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

You 'll have to create a shortcut of NetCat. Open the properties of the shortcut and look for the "aim" or the "goal" (sorry, I have french version), it's something like "c:\folder\nc.exe".
    Change it by "cmd.exe c:\folder\nc.exe". Your shortcut will now open an independent consol box in the NetCat directory which will not disappear when you'll type command (like "nc -h").
    Hoping it's clear.

Heu, 1 interrogation: Why do you want to scan you with NetCat? it's not created to do so I think (or it's new!)
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

sorry

i was using it in conjunction with nmap
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!