Thread: i spy.

i spy.

i reacently downloaded a program called i spy now. its dsighned just like your average trojan but it is not currently detected by any anti virus or trojan scanner,i did check.
    Also it hiddes its self from the tasks list and it runs through port 8943, i only recently discovered through antigum firewall that it was still running after i thought i had got rid of it.

i going to sent it to a few anti virus companys so they can figure out a cure for it.

just thought id let you know, didnt really know wether to post this into firewall or AV stuff, ohh well.
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194

Re: i spy.

Originally posted here by scoobs108
    i reacently downloaded a program called i spy now. its dsighned just like your average trojan but it is not currently detected by any anti virus or trojan scanner,i did check.
    Also it hiddes its self from the tasks list and it runs through port 8943, i only recently discovered through antigum firewall that it was still running after i thought i had got rid of it.

i going to sent it to a few anti virus companys so they can figure out a cure for it.

just thought id let you know, didnt really know wether to post this into firewall or AV stuff, ohh well.
    Did you download it accidently? If so, what was in embedded in?

Most AV companies will not touch the Commercial Spy software. Reason--Because you purchase it knowing what your getting into. You installed it knowing what it was, therefore it was not a malicious software. Granted it may have malicious potential, however the software should state that in a disclaimer that would protect it.

Just a thought.

If you don't want it. Don't install it.

If you don't know what it does. Don't install it.

Check out sysinternals for monitoring programs to watch the program and see what it does boh on the install and the execution. Maybe that will enlighten.