Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confusion about hacking Hotmail

Old Fart
    Sorry folks...I've seen so many of these I can't stand it anymore......

elfc: we love the insight you are so thoughtfully providing us with your posts....NOT. Please continue doing so...we love idiotic posts like this as they are so helpful in helping our membership keep their AntiPoints balanced. In simple laymans terms....quit or risk being banned.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

MicroBurn: Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how it works either, I signed up for an account and tried to login and it didn't work, and i tried to use my normal hotmail account and it didn't work either. Microsoft must use it for testing something else about Hotmail... I wonder if you could figure out anything from the strange URL's...

elfc: Stop making useless posts please

RE hotmail security

There have been a few scams / hacks of hotmail along the lines of ;
    People emailing a specific email address at hotmail (lets us say admin@hotmail.co.uk ; this is not asfar as I am aware a correct such address) with an exactly worded header e.g. "me@hotmail.com password reset" (again not correct) with an exactly worded first line of text in the email containing a valid email address. Hotmail then mails the 2nd address the PASSWORD for me@hotmail.com.
    There have been a few well publicised such "security holes"
    I think the main reason why hotmail is so easily hacked is not because MS employees are giving pw / addresses out, it is because most of the admin tasks are automated ...
    Having said that I once accessed my hotmail accont only to see someone elses emails ...

Of course any public email account can be accessed if you acess it on a public computer and U select "remember me on this PC" when logging on (ID / pw saved in cookies).
    I dont condone any of this .....

well i dunno man mails are kinda vulnerable i mean srsly mails are always vulnerable one guy in my col (NOT ME srsly some one else) had kept a sniffer (Ethreal) and guess what he found on the mail from one prof to another and it contained some Q's for the midsems that we had in like 2 weeks lucky !$!@@@@@!% got the Q's aced the exam and told us all after that all prof's have been warned not to send papers via mail .. and so on and so forth ...
    umm.. im guessing this was kinda off topic right /me smacks his head
    anything that doesn\'t kill you or your dreams only makes you stronger

Banned
    You do sound like someone who could only pass a college exam that way, though... thanks for sharing!

Actually you need atleast a GED before you actually do anything, DOH!

Banned
    Mind the periods/comma's/stuff and stuff, and you're getting there, stuff!